The Spirit Lake Public Library provides free use of computers and access to the Internet.
SPIRIT LAKE PUBLIC LIBRARY INTERNET USE
Internet computers will be available from the opening of the library until 15 minutes before the library closes.
- 5:45 PM, Monday-Thursday
- 3:45 PM, Friday
- 1:45 PM, Saturday
The Library reserves the right to modify these times of use in order to perform necessary maintenance and/or upgrades.
- Only ONE person may use the station at a time. Exceptions only with permission of librarian on duty.
- Use is limited to one hour if others are waiting.
- Minimum age is 10 years old.
- Patrons must sign in and out accurately.
- Patrons must provide their own headphones if they wish to use audio.
- Earbuds may be purchased at the circulation desk for $1. No audio use without headphones or ear buds for the courtesy of others in the lab.
- No cell phone use in computer areas without staff permission.
- No food or drink allowed in computer areas.
- Patrons are responsible to pay for everything they print.
- Misuse of equipment or violation of this policy will result in loss of privileges.
Users should be aware that the inappropriate use of electronic information resources can be a violation of local, state, and federal laws and can lead to prosecution. The user will be held responsible for their actions while using the Internet. Users are expected to abide by the policies. Unacceptable uses of the service will result in the suspension or revocation of Internet use privileges. The library will not censor access to material nor protect users from offensive information, and the library is not responsible for the availability and accuracy of information found on the Internet.
It is our policy to comply fully with U.S. copyright law and other federal and state relating to the use of the internet.
The Library has the right to terminate internet access at any time for any reason. The library further has the right to monitor internet activity in any form that it sees fit. The Spirit Lake Public Library declares unethical and unacceptable behavior just cause for taking disciplinary action when an individual:
- Uses the Internet for illegal or inappropriate purposes, or in support of such activities.
- Illegal activities shall be defined as a violation of local, state, and/or federal laws.
- Inappropriate use shall be defined as a violation of the intended use of the network, and/or purpose and goal, including copyright infringement.
- Participates in obscene activities, including pornography, These activities are not allowed on library or personal devices.
- Steals equipment.
- Is uncooperative with staff about time limits and guidelines
Consequence of Violations:
The Library Director or the Library Board will decide if a patron is suspended from computer or internet use.