Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Our library is connected to other libraries throughout the state and nation. If you can't find an item in this library, we will do our best to find it for you.
- The Spirit Lake Public Library offers inter-library loan services (borrowing materials from other libraries) to its patrons under the guidelines established by the State Library of Iowa in the Access Plus agreement.
- Inter-Library Loan services available for Residential Patrons at the cost of $2 per item.
- The circulation period for inter-library loan materials is determined by the lending library. Renewals are not encouraged and are dependent on permission of the lending library.
- Inter-library loan materials are subject to the same overdue policy as materials owned by the Spirit Lake Public Library. Overdue procedures listed in the Spirit Lake Public Library’s policy will be followed.
- Damage fees for inter-library loan materials will be paid by the Spirit Lake Public Library as assessed by the lending library with reimbursement charged to the patron responsible. Replacement costs for lost inter-library loan materials will be paid to the lending library by the Spirit Lake Public Library with reimbursement charged to the patron.